Enhanced Eyecare Examinations
When you visit your local Optometrist/Optician you may not be aware of the services provided beyond the routine “eye test”
Pritchard-Cowburn Opticians provide both private examinations and NHS tests, but unfortunately the NHS has limited funding
and this affects the service that can be delivered.
Eyesight is often considered our most important sense enabling us to carry on with a normal lifestyle and the purpose of extended
examinations is to preserve your sight at the best level possible by detecting certain eye diseases and problems early.
Common diseases such as diabetes and glaucoma may “run” in families as well as macular degeneration and if a close relative has eye problems
the extra detail provided during the examination may be important to preserve your sight.
Both of our practices have the latest optical scanning equipment (often called OCT) and retinal cameras which enable our optometrists to examine your eye in microscopic detail with immediate results.
We offer several types of appointments.
– NHS tests for eligible patients.
– Standard test is free.
– NHS, Wales eyecare examination for eligible groups and emergencies.
– Standard examination is free.
– Private examinations.
– From £40.00.
– Extended private eyecare examinations which are more detailed and include scanning (OCT) and retinal photography as standard.
– Scanning (oct)/ retinal photography £80.00.
– You may prefer to pay the low monthly fee of £7.50 by direct debit for your extended private eyecare examination which also gives a 10% saving off complete new pairs of glasses. (Please note the direct debit needs to run for a complete 12 month period to pay for the service)
Our reception staff and Optometrists/ dispensing opticians will be able to answer any questions that you may have about your suitability for each appointment
Our optical scanner is able to ‘see’ the optic nerve fibre which is affected by glaucoma at an early stage and prevent permanent, irreversible damage to your sight. (This commonly called an OCT test)
For people not wishing to pay by Direct Debit
|Standard eye examination as required by National Health Service||£40.00|
|OCT scanning for “in depth” eye examinations||£40.00|
|Digital retinal photography||£30.00|
|Contact lens fitting/consultation||£40.00|
|Unlimited contact lens aftercare
(Annual fee paid monthly by Direct Debit)
|£7.50 / month|
|Pupil dilation – both eyes||£40.00|
|Coloured overlay assessment for Dyslexia||£25.00|
|Emergency consultation / Foreign body removal||£60.00|
|Repeat visual field examination||£20.00|
|Removal of eyelashes||£15.00|